The use of medical cannabis for its health benefits continues to be an emotionally charged issue for many people. Despite the history of using cannabis oil in medicine going back thousands of years, awareness of the risks posed by the abuse of it led to marijuana to be banned in the 1930’s, as well as closely related plants.
In recent decades, however, more evidence has begun to emerge about the therapeutic value of cannabis, particularly a prominent compound known as cannabidiol, or CBD. It has been demonstrated to be an effective treatment for a wide-range of diseases and medical conditions. As a result of research that supports this belief, and the fact of its low toxicity and benign side effects, many are beginning to promote CBD oil as a viable alternative to modern healthcare.
How Is Cannabidiol Oil Made?
While there are many methods to extract CBD oil from the cannabis plant, there are pros and cons to each of them. Some methods are gaining popularity due to the fact that they are more effective and safer than other methods. For example, when CBD oil is made using hexane or butane, unsafe residue of these neurotoxic solvents are left behind, and can pose significant health risks, particularly to those with compromised immune systems.
There are three extraction methods that have grown in popularity due to the relative safety of the processes: CO2 extraction, ethanol extraction, and olive oil extraction.
- CO2 extraction uses pressurized carbon dioxide combined with low pressures to maintain the purity of the CBD oil. It produces a product that is not only safe, but is also potent and free of any trace of chlorophyll.
- Ethanol extraction uses a high-grain alcohol to create a CBD oil that is suitable for use in vaporizer products such as vape pens. The downside to this type of extraction method is that it destroys the plant waxes, which are some product makers favor due to the health benefits that it may have.
- Olive Oil extraction is inexpensive and safe. The disadvantage to this extraction method is that the oil produced is perishable, and therefore needs to be stored in a cool, dark place to avoid spoilage.
What Are The Health Benefits Of CBD Oil?
There are many well documented health benefits associated with the use of CBD oil. For example, it’s emerging as one of the most potent anti-inflammatory supplements for use with several intractable diseases such as cancer and irritable bowel disease. Among the other health benefits of CBD oil are:
- Pain relief
- Controlling neurological disorders and seizures
- Reducing the incidence of Diabetes
- Promoting cardiovascular health
- Relieving nausea
- Reducing anxiety
- Fighting Cancer
The image below displays the several CBD receptors in the human body.
How Do You Use Cannabidiol Oil?
There are four ways to use cbd oil: ingesting, smoking, topically, and as a tincture. You should decide upon how you’re most comfortable using it, and try it out. Be prepared for varied results as everyone’s body responds to CBD oil in different ways. Take notes to track the effectiveness of the ratios that you use to treat different ailments, and make adjustments accordingly until you find a ratio that works for you.
- Ingesting CBD oil: You can consume safely CBD oil orally in raw foods and in baked goods. For the best results, however, you should decarboxylase your oil by baking it into something. This “activates” the oil to increase its potency.
- Smoking CBD oil: One of the easiest ways to smoke CBD oil is in a vape pen, provided the vaporizer allows you to apply portions at a time, and doesn’t require specific cartridges. Another way is using a device called an oil rig, which is similar to a bong.
- Using CBD oil topically: CBD oil used in an ointment has been shown to be beneficial for many skin conditions. You can activate the oil by simmering it for 30 minutes on the stove. Do not allow it to bubble, and apply it after cooling.
- CBD oil as a tincture: CBD can be consumed orally via the use of an eye-dropper. Combine 1 gram of CBD oil with 3 ounces of 80 proof spirits in a jar and shake it. Place it in a freezer for five days, shaking it twice per day. Strain it using a coffee filter, and place in 1 oz. eye droppers. To use, apply a squirt under the tongue and hold it in your mouth for 30 seconds prior to swallowing.
Note: If you are looking for the highest positive result from ingesting CBD oil, we advise you to purchase it from a credible manufacturer. If you’re purchasing large amounts to make a profit, then we recommend price checking the quality and quantity of the sale with a Global Cannabinoids product representative. CBD oil wholesale line has an extremely high global demand, and inquiries for this rare product should be made months ahead of when you need the product to secure your supply
As more research is done on the therapeutic benefits of CBD oil, acceptance of it as a viable alternative to modern medicine will grow. Already it is growing in popularity, and that rise in popularity has resulted in corresponding rise in anecdotal evidence supporting the effectiveness of CBD Oil. Perhaps you’ll soon have an experience to share as well.